NBA Draft

Ryan Kent, Journalism I Student

At the start of the NBA season, people are starting to talk about the NBA draft. The talk is who is gonna get the first pick in the draft and who is gonna be the first pick. It’s way too early to tell what team will be first but we can narrow down who might be picked first.

Firstly, there is Chet Holgermen. He came from Minneapolis, Minnesota and attended the high school of Minnehaha Academy. He was a five star recruit out of high school and has shined for the Gonzaga Bulldogs at the power forward position. With him being 7ft tall, being able to handle the basketball, shoot the basketball and playing inside is really impressive. Also, he has a 7ft 6in wingspan and can block a shot with ease if you come into the lane.

Secondly, we have Pablo Banchero from O’dea High school in Seattle, Washington. He also was a fiver star recruit and has been impressive since his first game with Duke Blue Devils. Currently he is 6ft 11in with a wingspan of 7ft 5in. He has been really impressive with his finishing, shooting and overall game. You could argue that he should be picked over Chet Holgermen because he was unstoppable in the win against Gonzaga until he started cramping up.

Lastly, Jaden Ivey has a chance to go No. 1 in the draft. He played high school basketball at Marian High School before heading to La Lumiere to get more attention from school’s. Jaden Ivey is a 6’4” Sophomore, who plays guard for the Purdue Boilermakers. He is a really good athlete and has amazing defense. He certainly can score too by using his quickness, leaping ability and length. Ivey has 6’7“ wingspan and can really stretch the court. It all depends if he’s consistent throughout the year and can take on the leading role. Considering he has only played nine games. Time will tell.