SMHS Students Spread Holiday Cheer

St. Marys High School spread some holiday cheer during the time that students were attending classes in person. With the assistance of several of Santa’s helpers, the halls were filled with Christmas spirit which included a homemade nutcracker by Mrs. Susan Travers. In addition, Mrs Travers spelled “Merry Christmas” on the window that overlooks the cafeteria, to help students stay positive in the days leading up to Christmas break.
There were also Christmas trees throughout the halls, decorated and placed when students returned from Thanksgiving break, this was in the hopes to keep spirits high and smiles on students and teachers’ faces. In addition. The Class of 2021, participated in several acts of kindness with the help of SMHS Leo Club, Wendy’s and the Pleasants County Are Lions Club. Students wrapped more than 400 gifts for all the elementary school children in Pleasants County. Those gifts were delivered by the counseling staff at SMHS due to COVID guidelines. The college psychology class also spread acts of kindness by placing positive notes to encourage students on the walls throughout SMHS and made Christmas cards that were sent to residents of Stonerise Belmont.
Several members of the Class of 2021, caroled throughout the halls of SMHS to spread Christmas spirit to all the teachers and students before being dismissed to start virtual learning. The final act of kindness was to say thank you to the true heroes during this time. A cookie basket, which was donated from SMHS students and staff with help of Pleasants County Are LIons Club was delivered to Jennifer Gregg, and SMHS alumnus and current nurse at Camden Clark Medical Center, and her staff to say thank you for all the hard work and care she and her colleagues are providing to those in their time of need.