My Thoughts on Remote Learning Fridays

Yes, you’ve heard it right; remote days will be on Fridays for the foreseeable future. Which still gives the school a day to clean, but now that gives the students and faculty an extra day off that leads into the weekend. I personally think this is a step forward in the direction to slowly go back to the normal Monday through Friday once this pandemic clears up. I don’t think things will go back to normal until most people have had the vaccine. I can see remote days being a thing until hopefully around spring, or right before summer break. It’s crazy to think that it’s been more than a year since the first case in the United States.

I don’t think having remote learning is a good thing since many students are failing to keep up with school work and this is a national problem. This further proves that actually being in school helps kids function and prepare them for adulthood by having everyone adjusted to a schedule and having to show up. During the remote days we don’t have zoom meetings, which will give the students a day to catch up on any work that was missed during the week. By having the remote days on Friday it’ll help students get back into the groove of doing school work instead of having remote days on Wednesdays that causes a separation of work flow throughout the week. At the end of the day everyone should keep their heads up. We’re so close to going back to normal life of not wearing a mask and being able to go to school for the standard Monday through Friday. Once most of the population takes the vaccine I think the pandemic will go away.