Giving Back

Amber Campano

Here’s a look at the Operation Christmas Child boxes that Student Council put together.

There are many things that St .Marys’ high school does to give back during the holiday season. One of these things is the PBIS program, this program is where students can purchase items with tickets at a booth in the commons area. Students get these tickets by having good attendance, behavior, and completing all their assignments for the week. Items in this booth include St. Marys apparel, drones, school supplies and many other things. This program goes on all year but you can get items as Christmas presents for some of your friends and family from this booth.
Another way that the school gives back is with the 12 days of Christmas. Students bring in paper products and hygiene products, this is used to teach students about giving back during the holiday season, because it is this season of giving. A third thing that the school had done is “Operation Christmas Child,” this is where donations are brought in for a child during the Christmas season. This gives back to a child in need who may not get many presents or any presents during the holiday season.
Students and staff were then asked what they do to give back during the holiday season and here is what they said:
Jessica Higgins, senior- “My 4-H club is preparing fruit baskets and delivering them and Christmas caroling for the elderly.”
Mrs. Rinard, counselor- “ Every year we try to do something with my boys to make them be aware of how grateful and blessed they are, donate items to Salvation Army, clothing drive for boys and girls club, caroling, cookie baskets to neighbors, etc.”
Mrs. Travers, counselor- “Participating in anything and everything to give back to help others in need, just finished Operation Christmas Child, and sent- boxes over- seas.”