College Application Week

College application week can be an exciting time for students, of course if you are going to college. Even if you aren’t planning on college it can hinder your decision greatly. College application week is where people from colleges from everywhere come to talk to students about the college. During this week, the application fee is taken off and you can apply for free! This lasts all week and is done during history class for seniors. If you are planning on going to college this is one of the most important weeks of the year!
This week also includes completing FAFSA, work on scholarships, and register for the Promise Scholarship. The plans for the students during this week are:
Monday- West Virginia University and Marshall University
Tuesday- Promise Scholarship registration, FAFSA, and college/career exploration
Wednesday- Washington State Community College, Adult Career Center, and Bethany College
Thursday- Ohio Valley University and Marietta College
Friday- West Virginia University at Parkersburg and West Liberty University

The teachers have also gotten very involved in college week. Outside each teachers’ door is a paper that lists facts about them, their career, and where they went to college. This can help encourage the students and gives them some motivation to apply for these colleges. Many students take advantage of this week because the application fee is waived. Even if you don’t plan to attend a certain college it is always a good idea to apply. You could be accepted into every college during this week, even if you don’t want to go. Lastly, at the end of the week Mrs. Rinard, the counselor will announce over the intercom who applied for what colleges. This can make students feel very proud about themselves and give them a type of motivation. College week is very important to most students and is one many look forward to every year!