Health Class Competition

The winners from the second competition pose with their health triangles.

So far this year, the sophomore Health class has participated in two contests. In the first competition, the health students used their online textbook to compete in a matching game to match definitions together. They were allotted time to practice by themselves first, before writing it on the white-board. In order to win this competition, the students had to compete for the fastest times in each class and then compete for the overall winner. The winners are as follows\; Period 3 was Garrytt Horner with 8 seconds and in Period 4 there was a tie between Kierstyn Brookover and Jean Michel with a tie of 9 seconds. In 8th period, Walker Lee with 5 seconds and Brandon Lawhon in 9th period with 7 seconds. All of the winners received a refillable water bottle by Mrs. Johnson.
In the other contest, students had to create a Health triangle, made out of construction paper. The health triangle should consist of three sides\; Physical, Mental & Emotional and Social sides. Each side must have a picture to represent that side of the health. To choose a winner, outside judges came in to the school to judge the health triangles, and pick class and overall winners. In 3rd period, Natalie Malone was the winner, 4th period was Abigail Perrock and period 9 was Erica Davis. All of the winners received blue ribbons and prizes for their creativity and effort.