Battling Senioritis

Battling+Senioritis

Tips for Battling Senioritis in High School
As the year is slowly coming to an end it is typical for a senior to become lazy, unmotivated and tired. With colleges and tours coming into play, it is important for you to keep up with your work and not get behind. There are many different ways to stay motivated and keep them grades up
1. Remember that grades still matter
Even if you have received your acceptance letter, your grades in high school still matter. Colleges look at your final grades and if they see a drop in the grades they might reconsider if they want you to attend their school and if you will be able to keep your grades up.
2. Think of yourself as a college student in training
For many student’s college is harder (academically). Use senior year to prepare yourself for the first year of college. Now is the time to work on note taking and listening skills. If you work on the little skills and improve them, you will be ahead of the game when it’s time to start college.
3. Cancel out bad habits before they start
If you start slacking and procrastinating, it will be very hard to dig yourself out. Getting behind your schedule will mess your mind set up. We all know how hard it is to get back into things after summer break, let’s not start in on senior year too.
4. Keep yourself challenged
Many students struggle with boredom in their final year of high school, making it hard to stay motivated. To avoid this situation, try rounding out your schedule with courses that interest you. Consider taking classes in subjects you’ve never tried before, or choosing electives in your favorite subject. This will help you stay focused and may give you a head start on choosing a major.
5. Take it a day at a time
As a high school senior, you’re probably spending a lot of time thinking about the future—it may seem like high school’s already a distant memory. However, it’s important to stay focused on the here and now. Use a day planner or calendar or create a to-do list to keep track of your responsibilities and break up large projects into manageable tasks. Concentrate on doing your homework, completing projects, and studying for tests. And after all that is done, go ahead and spend a little time fantasizing about your life as a college student.
6. Last but not least
After all, you’ve worked hard to get into college, and you deserve to treat yourself. Make sure to set aside some time to hang out with your friends, go to social events, and do other fun stuff. Just don’t make the mistake of treating senior year as one big party.